Saturday, March 21, 2009

Prompt 59

Today's prompt is dedicated to The Trevor Project. Write about a character who is planning on committing suicide. Why are they suicidal? Is someone able to help them?

Remember, suicide isn't the answer. If you're feeling suicidal, please find someone to talk to. There are plenty of suicide helplines you can call. If you need help finding one, feel free to send us a message and we'll try and help you find one. Try to talking to people in your life too, parents, siblings, cousins, friends, teachers, anyone.

EDIT: Okay, I just found this and had to share it. http://barrylyga.com/new/jackasses-attack-library.html You should all watch the video at the end of it. What happend to news reporters giving us facts? When did the news becomes "Give them an overload of your opinion then the facts." It's one thing to have a bit of your opinion slip in there now and then but what Vic Eliason does, takes it too far. Instead of just telling everyone what's going on at the library, he starts off with 5 minutes of saying how wrong and sick homosexuality is.

If any others out there find this wrong, please visit VCY America and tell them to keep their biased opinion out of the news.

This ends today's PSA. (For now...)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a dear.

Ralph Gallagher said...

/me watches as the blog turns into a giant PSA

Jess/Jack said...

Last week I gave decently long presentation on the Trevor Project for Sauthoff's non-profit organization project. It was probably one of the longest in class. I got worked up in front of class too, just rambling on about stuff. I've got this list of things too do in my life and make a decent sized donation to The Trevor Project or help out in some way is one of them. It's just depressing how many kids kill themselves over something that should never be such a big issue in the first place.

Ralph Gallagher said...

This is why everyone loves Pandika. :D Maybe after this short story collection is done, I'll put another one together and donate the profits to The Trevor Project.... Oh BTW, I expect to see a submission from you before the deadline.... ;)

Jess/Jack said...

I will do that this week, I swear.
What's the deadline again?

Ralph Gallagher said...

April 18. :D How is Silver Streams coming?

Jess/Jack said...

We don't have many submissions at all :( All of the good writers and artists are gone! It's driving me insane. We barely have any art. Over spring break I'm going to have to do a billion drawing or something. And writing wise we have a lot of emo-lovey-shitty poetry I want to shoot. We have a few good pieces... just a few. Gah!
I don't know. The deadline isn't for another week or so. Maybe some amazing stuff will come in last second.
It's my last year so with whatever we end up with I'm going to force it to look amazing at least.

Ralph Gallagher said...

This years is gonna suck compared to last years. You lost Savannah, Jerrica, and all those peoples with good art/pictures.

Advertisement

Join Associated Content