Thursday, March 12, 2009

Prompt 50

Look, we're up to 50 prompts! :D I finished a new book last night (well, actually 1:15am this morning) and I thought I'd share it with you. The book is Thinking Straight by Robin Reardon. It's about a boy, Taylor, is shipped off to Straight to God, a place where they claim to be able to cure gayness. Through the scripture, he tries to prove that homosexuality isn't a sin at all. It was a pretty good book, there were some downfalls in it - the IM lingo it used should have been cut out, and there were a few cliches - but over all it was a good read and a few good plot twists too! Oh, and don't forget to be sending in those submissions! We've got a couple, but we need some more! The deadline is April 18!

For today's prompt let's go with something nonfiction, write about your view point on homosexuality. Is it wrong? Is it a natural thing? Should people be more accepting? Is it really a sin? (If you say it's a sin, you better back it up with specific parts in the bible or whatever sacred document your religion uses.) :D

2 comments:

Jess/Jack said...

I've had Thinking Straight on my list of books to buy for months now. God, I'm poor. I should own it by now but nooo. The author has another book I was looking at but for the life of me the title won't come to mind.

You know what I think is the dumbest shit ever? When people say homosexuality is against nature. If it were why are there gay couples in the animal kingdom and frequent homosexual behavior. Animals are 'pure' and whatnot, they're 'God's creatures' but they get to have homosex and no one even notices. There are no massacres of gay animals. Two people try and it's a huge mess.
Bleh.

Ralph Gallagher said...

I think you're thinking "A Secret Edge" which is also on my To read list :D http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2121149

You should make an account there. It's cool for keeping track of books and finding new ones and what not.

And the word of the day is... HOMOSEX! And someone are just too stupid to even argue with these days. Damned churches.... (Not all of them, just most of them)

Advertisement

Join Associated Content